We take E-Safety very seriously at Soar Valley College and explicitly teach it in Computing at KS3 and across the school via assemblies and a range of subjects.
For more information please click on the following links below as well as reading our top tips for parents and students.
TOP 10 TIPS FOR STUDENTS
1) Don’t post any personal information online. For example your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting photos or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a photo of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible.
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do.
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are.
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online.
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.