Transition information from college providers
Despite COVID19, we are committed to ensuring our students are fully prepared for their transition to their Post 16 education or training. Please see below for up to date information and links to local colleges for all updates.
• Have sent suggested reading lists which are available along with additional information which has been sent for certain courses:
School sport apprenticeship level 3 who are offering face-to-face briefings for schools instead of the normal school based briefings
• Hair & Beauty
• Sports Science
• Leisure and Tourism
• Beauchamp will be emailing students directly who have been offered places. Students will be given further details and preparation tasks they can do along with a timetable of activities and topics that students will be sent via email over the coming weeks and months.
• Students attending Leicester College can follow the link and take the virtual tour for any of the courses they are following:
Leicester College #DiscoverLC
LC Online Lockdown and #DiscoverLC to showcase courses, support services and career pathways
Leicester College has launched two new online campaigns to showcase the courses, facilities, career pathways and support services available at the College for prospective students.
The weekly ‘LC Online Lockdown’ campaign will run from 5 May 2020 and the ‘#DiscoverLC’ event will run from 15-21 June 2020.
LC Online Lockdown will be a weekly live stream event hosting interactive Q&A sessions with several key areas of the College. The aim is to give prospective students key insights into life at Leicester College as well as advice on how to progress in education and their chosen career path. Sessions will include features from Careers, Welfare and Finance, Mental Health and Higher Education, and will take place every Tuesday at 11am and 2pm throughout May, June, July and August.
#DiscoverLC is a week-long digital ‘discovery’ event covering information and experiences at the College in a virtual Open Day environment. It will deliver exclusive content that would usually only be accessible at campus events including complete virtual tours of all areas on the three campuses, live-streamed presentations and Q&As with tutors, exclusive giveaway competitions and more.
Students who attended WQE interview days on 10/11 March have received their offers and were given the deadline of Friday 1 May to respond. WQE will be contacting students who haven’t responded by the deadline via PS16 to establish whether they wish to accept their place.
We will continue to keep in touch via email with applicants who have accepted their place at WQE.
From Monday 1 June, Taster Activities for all Level 3 and some Level 2 subjects will be available on our website for students to access at their convenience. We hope these activities will give the students an understanding of what the course will involve and help them prepare for their Post-16 learning. If students do not have IT access they can be advised to contact the College Reception via telephone (0116 247 1147) and ask for the relevant Taster Activities to be posted to them.
Late applications are still being considered. We have just completed telephone interviews for students who applied by 31st March. During May WQE will review outstanding applications with a view to arranging further interviews. Students who have not already submitted an application are still welcome to apply via PS16; a reference will be required in order to support their application.
Click here to see the WQE Subject Advice webinars information
Online Enrolment 2020
Webinar details for 14th July
• As soon as we have any further information, we will update our website. In the mean time, please refer to the college website for recent updates.
Gateway Sixth Form College: 2020 new starters
Gateway College have put together some information to bring you up to date.
The Gateway team will be working throughout the summer so please do not hesitate to get in touch with them if you have any queries regarding your transition.
Contact: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Gateway are hosting a Virtual Welcome Day on our website for new applicants on 30th June 2020 where students can meet their tutors in live Q&A sessions and find lots of videos and information about their courses online: www.gateway.ac.uk
• Invitations will be sent to the applicants and schools advisers this week for the welcome event
• All applicants have been sent an email confirmation of their offer and an offer has been made on PS@16 – please contact Gateway if there is a student who hasn’t heard from us
• New applicants who have been offered a place and accepted it will be sent Summer Packs over the next two weeks containing work and recommended reading to prepare them for their new courses
• We are still accepting applications, this can be done via our website www.gateway.ac.uk or by emailing email@example.com
• All information about courses can be found on the college website or by emailing the Student Services Team.
• Our IAG team are available throughout the summer via email and from 20th August (GCSE results day) on the phone and email.
• Enrolment will begin on Friday 21st August – all new applicants and returners will be contacted with information about this and an appointment time. Gateway are currently reviewing their enrolment process to ensure staff and students are as safe as possible. They anticipate that this will entail telephone and online enrolment and IAG rather than face to face for most students
• For students who have not already applied to us, they will be encouraged to apply via the website or telephone and we will contact them to arrange the appropriate enrolment process – Gateway College will share more information about this throughout the summer
• If students do come to the college without an appointment, processes will be in place to manage these safely.
Update from Gateway College
As promised, our teachers have put together Summer Packs for new students and returners to prepare them for the new term at Gateway College.
We have emailed details of how to access the Summer Packs to each student who has been offered a place with us. We have sent it to the personal account that we have on our records. Details of how to access the Summer Packs are below for your reference but please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you or your students are struggling with this.
The information in the emails contain the following details:
1. The packs can only be accessed from a Personal Computer (PC), you will not be able to open the link initially from your phone or tablet. Once opened, you can find and save the packs you need and then view these from any device.
2. You will need to ‘unzip’ the folder once you have followed the link below to find the packs you need.
3. If you are having difficulty opening the zip file, or do not have a personal computer email email@example.com for a printed pack to be sent to you.
Your Summer Pack is saved here
We will be contacting all students by post over the next two weeks with details of their enrolment appointment.
We will be available throughout the summer if you need us and wish you a very happy holiday.