Transition information from college providers
Despite COVID19, we are committed to ensuring our students are fully prepared for their transition to their Post 16 education or training. Please see below for up to date information and links to local colleges for all updates.
• Have sent suggested reading lists which are available along with additional information which has been sent for certain courses:
School sport apprenticeship level 3 who are offering face-to-face briefings for schools instead of the normal school based briefings
• Hair & Beauty
• Sports Science
• Leisure and Tourism
• Beauchamp will be emailing students directly who have been offered places. Students will be given further details and preparation tasks they can do along with a timetable of activities and topics that students will be sent via email over the coming weeks and months.
• Students attending Leicester College can follow the link and take the virtual tour for any of the courses they are following:
Leicester College #DiscoverLC
LC Online Lockdown and #DiscoverLC to showcase courses, support services and career pathways
Leicester College has launched two new online campaigns to showcase the courses, facilities, career pathways and support services available at the College for prospective students.
The weekly ‘LC Online Lockdown’ campaign will run from 5 May 2020 and the ‘#DiscoverLC’ event will run from 15-21 June 2020.
LC Online Lockdown will be a weekly live stream event hosting interactive Q&A sessions with several key areas of the College. The aim is to give prospective students key insights into life at Leicester College as well as advice on how to progress in education and their chosen career path. Sessions will include features from Careers, Welfare and Finance, Mental Health and Higher Education, and will take place every Tuesday at 11am and 2pm throughout May, June, July and August.
#DiscoverLC is a week-long digital ‘discovery’ event covering information and experiences at the College in a virtual Open Day environment. It will deliver exclusive content that would usually only be accessible at campus events including complete virtual tours of all areas on the three campuses, live-streamed presentations and Q&As with tutors, exclusive giveaway competitions and more.
Students who attended WQE interview days on 10/11 March have received their offers and were given the deadline of Friday 1 May to respond. WQE will be contacting students who haven’t responded by the deadline via PS16 to establish whether they wish to accept their place.
We will continue to keep in touch via email with applicants who have accepted their place at WQE.
From Monday 1 June, Taster Activities for all Level 3 and some Level 2 subjects will be available on our website for students to access at their convenience. We hope these activities will give the students an understanding of what the course will involve and help them prepare for their Post-16 learning. If students do not have IT access they can be advised to contact the College Reception via telephone (0116 247 1147) and ask for the relevant Taster Activities to be posted to them.
Late applications are still being considered. We have just completed telephone interviews for students who applied by 31st March. During May WQE will review outstanding applications with a view to arranging further interviews. Students who have not already submitted an application are still welcome to apply via PS16; a reference will be required in order to support their application.
• As soon as we have any further information, we will update our website. In the mean time, please refer to the college website for recent updates.
• Information has already been shared via Show My Homework for those students that are on the Fire it Up apprenticeship scheme.