News

Bringing Creativity to Life!

Battle of the Bands review - By Anna Mkanza 10.8

On the 10th February 2017, 8 talented bands (50 musicians) preformed in front of 120 students and staff. For another year we witnessed amazing performers who had spent hours rehearsing at lunch time, to battle for the prize of ‘Battle of the bands winners 2017’.

The judges, Mr MacDougall, Mr Miskelly, Ms Oughton and Ms Kaur expertly judged and came to the following decision: 3rd: Saxophone Band – Deep Valambhia 9.4, Piritha Shanmugabalan 9.5, Yogi Majevadia 9.10, 2nd: Slovak Legend’s – Roman Hovarth 11.5, Jaroslav Makula 10.3, Perla Bendikova 10.1, Jaroslav 10.3, and Rastislav Mikula. 1st place was given to Anna Mkanza 10.8, Gurpreet Sunsoay 10.10, Henna Parmar 10.1 & Nishtha Nayee 10.10.

Well done to everyone who took part you were truly amazing. The judges were blown away by the talents of every student that took part. Mr Miskelly said ‘Battle of the Bands is one of the highlights of the year. I always look forward to seeing the buzz and excitement of pupils rehearsing and performing. Well done to everyone that took part’.

Here are a few quotes from the wining band ‘Escapism’:

‘It was amazing! I can’t believe we won’ – Nishtha Nayee

‘I am proud of my band and I for winning. It just shows how hard work and dedication pays off’ – Gurpreet Sunsoay

‘I was so nervous, but it was a great experience. I screamed when we won!’ – Henna Parmar

‘I love performing on stage’. – Anna Mkanza

Battle of the Bands Winners 2017

bb

( Back to News