It has been a busy half term, but none the less exciting! Since the start of the school year, the Student Council have participated in many events, including:
• Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl took part in the year 10 Transition Evening by helping Soar Valley staff promote the use of Maths Revision Guides, and the English Literature textbooks.
• Form Representatives assisted at Open Evening by guiding Year 6 parents around the school, showcasing our facilities and helping them explore the different subjects and high quality curriculum we offer. Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy and Deputy Head Girl delivered a speech to parents alongside Mrs Robinson and Mr Pabari.
• Head Boy, Head Girl, Deputy Head Boy, Deputy Head Girl and the Year Group Student Council Leads from years 8-11 delivered assembly’s about the role of the student council, their passions and how they will make the student body’s voice heard.
• Year 7 student council recruitment has begun. The Year Group Student Leads have been appointed and the deadline for Form Representatives is this Friday.
• Form Representatives have been asked to gather student voice on the food offered by City Catering and the extracurricular activities currently on offer and potential new clubs. This week, the Year Group Council Leads are meeting with the Form Representatives to collate this data.
We have had a great start to this term and we look forward to getting involved in much more in the next half term leading up to Christmas.
Written by Yaxmali Jethwa and Daleena Shah( Back to News